Monday, March 1, 2010

Feeling Blessed

Everytime I go to Rocky Gap, I feel so blessed to have decided to go to the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. We have so much support and such a great community in PROMISE. Dr. Renetta Tull has created a wonderful community across the three campuses and I feel so fortunate to be able to catch up with friends who have been going thru this graduate school experience with me in such a beautiful environment. I was in dissertation house this year for my second time and it was great to see some of my peers working on their final chapters and others working on their proposals. Me, I am somewhere in between. Started thinking about the document this weekend and focused on a survey I have to do in a few weeks and a paper I have to write in the next month. For a break we, some members of DH went for a walk to the bridge after lunch. Rocky Gap was beautiful with the snow. Afterwards had meetings with Dr. Carter and Dr. Holder. Both of which gave a lot of direction.
Then we worked diligently until dinner. By Saturday night, my brain was fried, so I went for a walk to the campfire and looked at the moon. It was just what I needed to clear my head. Then worked until 10:35pm. I got a lot a accomplished plus managed to catch up with my PROMISE friends. Thank you PROMISE.

No comments:

PROMISE Community Building - A Place for Graduate Students.

PROMISE: Maryland's Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP) seeks to increase the numbers and diversity of Ph.D.s in the STEM fields by building community and supporting graduate students from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Here, we salute the spirit of PROMISE!
_____________________________________
Click one of the tabs at the top: "Home" to see the main blog site with all posts, "Retreats" to see more information about the Community Building Retreats for grad students, and "PROMISE Videos" to see some videos from the PROMISEagep YouTube Channel. Other topics and pages will be added as the blog site grows.
_____________________________________