Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rocky Gap

The Rocky Gap Retreat was definitely an eye-opening experience for me. I learned more about myself as a leader, as well as a person. I learned my strengths as well as my weaknesses, and I even had the opportunity to conquer my fears. I climbed to the top of the ladder leaning on just the trust in my peers, and knowing myself, and my lack of trust in others, it might as well had been Mt. Everest! Not only did I gain trust in my peers, I gained friends as well. I learned that I can't do everything on my own, and it's not always a bad thing to need help: it doesn't make me a weak person. It makes me stronger.

Thank you PROMISE!

nJ

2 comments:

dissertation help said...

it's good to see this information in your post, i was looking the same but there was not any proper resource, thanx now i have the link which i was looking for my research.

Unknown said...


Thanks for sharing this such a valuable and useful information...


UK MBA dissertation writing services

PROMISE Community Building - A Place for Graduate Students.

PROMISE: Maryland's Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP) seeks to increase the numbers and diversity of Ph.D.s in the STEM fields by building community and supporting graduate students from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Here, we salute the spirit of PROMISE!
_____________________________________
Click one of the tabs at the top: "Home" to see the main blog site with all posts, "Retreats" to see more information about the Community Building Retreats for grad students, and "PROMISE Videos" to see some videos from the PROMISEagep YouTube Channel. Other topics and pages will be added as the blog site grows.
_____________________________________