Sunday, March 1, 2009

DH - it is over already?

Whew! So ends my first dissertation house. Wow. It's been a long time since I've been able to focus so tightly on getting stuff done. No worries about friends and family calling, figuring out what I'm doing for lunch, coworkers needing something, or mundane things like doing laundry (yes, I did continue to shower and brush my teeth).

I had three goals, and I'm happy to say that I accomplished them all, which it served to solidify my topic and approach for my proposal this semester.

Special thanks to Dr. Carter for her feedback and guidance throughout the weekend. And thanks to everyone in the House! Everytime a little procrastination or itch to goof off crept into my psyche, seeing everyone around me hard at work was just what I need to buckle down and get it done.

Glad to meet and see everyone this weekend, and keep in touch!

RHH

Robert Holder, UMBC
Computer Science

No comments:

PROMISE Community Building - A Place for Graduate Students.

PROMISE: Maryland's Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP) seeks to increase the numbers and diversity of Ph.D.s in the STEM fields by building community and supporting graduate students from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Here, we salute the spirit of PROMISE!
_____________________________________
Click one of the tabs at the top: "Home" to see the main blog site with all posts, "Retreats" to see more information about the Community Building Retreats for grad students, and "PROMISE Videos" to see some videos from the PROMISEagep YouTube Channel. Other topics and pages will be added as the blog site grows.
_____________________________________