Monday, March 2, 2009

The Monday after and Awesome Weekend!!

Well...today is a snowy Monday. As I reflect back on the weekend, I can't believe how wonderful and productive it was! It seems that my experience at the Retreat gets better and better each year. It was great to see all my old friends and meet new ones. The saddest realization during my reflection is that this will be my last retreat, as I plan to graduate this year:( My experiences with my PROMISE family will be the most missed of my graduate school career.

So things that I have learned this weekend:
I need to be more focused on graduating.
I need to let go of activities not relating to the dissertation or survival.
From now until May, everyday will be a productive dissertation day!

Thank you, Dr. Tull, Dr. Carter, and Gloria for putting this Retreat together, and for everything you do for us! I know I would be lost without you all. May God Bless you always and forever:)

No comments:

PROMISE Community Building - A Place for Graduate Students.

PROMISE: Maryland's Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP) seeks to increase the numbers and diversity of Ph.D.s in the STEM fields by building community and supporting graduate students from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Here, we salute the spirit of PROMISE!
_____________________________________
Click one of the tabs at the top: "Home" to see the main blog site with all posts, "Retreats" to see more information about the Community Building Retreats for grad students, and "PROMISE Videos" to see some videos from the PROMISEagep YouTube Channel. Other topics and pages will be added as the blog site grows.
_____________________________________