Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Promise Retreat

The retreat was a very inspiring and empowering experience. I enjoyed learning all the outdoor survival skills. I believe they that I will need at least one of the skills in the future. The Polar Bears were a fun group to work with and we work so well together. The most empowering station was around shelter. It took me back to my childhood days when I used to play in the mud. Johanna, Barbara and myself collected leaves, brush and branches, while the rest of the team laid the foundation for the shelter. It was truly amazing to see the end result and what can happen when people are allowed to move in their natural talents. I love the nature and the outdoors, it was the first time that cooked on a rock and I see that it is very effective. I had fun meeting students from all over the world in various disciplines. I was inspired by them to keep moving forward toward higher educational goals. Thank you, Dr. Tull and other staff for all your hard work

No comments:

PROMISE Community Building - A Place for Graduate Students.

PROMISE: Maryland's Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP) seeks to increase the numbers and diversity of Ph.D.s in the STEM fields by building community and supporting graduate students from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Here, we salute the spirit of PROMISE!
_____________________________________
Click one of the tabs at the top: "Home" to see the main blog site with all posts, "Retreats" to see more information about the Community Building Retreats for grad students, and "PROMISE Videos" to see some videos from the PROMISEagep YouTube Channel. Other topics and pages will be added as the blog site grows.
_____________________________________