Saturday, August 29, 2009

Looking Forward to Spring 2010 Retreat

I hope and pray that the Federal Government does not cut the funds PROMISE needs to fund the retreat. Although I work part-time, I still find it very difficult to save any "extra" money to fund activities like the Rocky Gap Retreat I attended last spring.
I will be sending letters to various branches of the government between now and next spring in hopes of getting their attention to this very important matter. It's funny, but it is 1:01 am on a Saturday morning, and I'm thinking about next year's PROMISE retreat. The possibility of not having the retreat scares me, because I learned so much through that experience.
I hope everyone will take a minute to write our Senators, Congressman, and even our President about the funding that is being taken away from programs like PROMISE. It is imperative that this program and others like it continue for us and for future generations.

No comments:

PROMISE Community Building - A Place for Graduate Students.

PROMISE: Maryland's Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP) seeks to increase the numbers and diversity of Ph.D.s in the STEM fields by building community and supporting graduate students from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Here, we salute the spirit of PROMISE!
_____________________________________
Click one of the tabs at the top: "Home" to see the main blog site with all posts, "Retreats" to see more information about the Community Building Retreats for grad students, and "PROMISE Videos" to see some videos from the PROMISEagep YouTube Channel. Other topics and pages will be added as the blog site grows.
_____________________________________