Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wow...Simply amazing

The community retreat was amazing. I met so many new people who attended not only master's institution (UMCP) but also my current doctoral institution (UMBC). I strengthened the bonds I currently have and am sure I have developed lasting friendships.

I really enjoyed the Ropes Course and appreciated the support from my team members.
One experience in particular was during the ladder/rope/hang-me-in-the-air/activity. Initially I struggled. I climbed to the top of the ladder and freaked out, and honestly forgot about all the support I had at the bottom. But when I finally let go, I realized, that just like my journey towards the PhD...it will be challenging but it is attainable. I am so proud of myself and am going to remember this experience and how I conquered my fears, if I ever hit a road block on my PhD journey.

Thank you Promise
~Mycah

















No comments:

PROMISE Community Building - A Place for Graduate Students.

PROMISE: Maryland's Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP) seeks to increase the numbers and diversity of Ph.D.s in the STEM fields by building community and supporting graduate students from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Here, we salute the spirit of PROMISE!
_____________________________________
Click one of the tabs at the top: "Home" to see the main blog site with all posts, "Retreats" to see more information about the Community Building Retreats for grad students, and "PROMISE Videos" to see some videos from the PROMISEagep YouTube Channel. Other topics and pages will be added as the blog site grows.
_____________________________________