Friday, February 27, 2009

Getting Ready for Dissertation Boot Camp:)

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are excited as I am for this weekend! I know it's going to be a lot of fun and hard work (especially for the DH people). This is my fourth year at the Retreat. I must tell you it is exactly what every grad student needs. I spent the first two years doing the outdoors activities. For everyone participating in the outdoors activities, embrace and enjoy the experience. These activities are great for trust building, communion, realizing your inner strengthens, and having the opportunity to be one with nature. This will be my second time in the Dissertation House. I my first experience was wonderful and very productive. I've already been thinking about what my goals are for this time. Well, I look forward to meeting new friends, and seeing my old ones:) I will be checking in and posting online through the weekend!

Ciao,
Heather Holden

No comments:

PROMISE Community Building - A Place for Graduate Students.

PROMISE: Maryland's Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP) seeks to increase the numbers and diversity of Ph.D.s in the STEM fields by building community and supporting graduate students from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Here, we salute the spirit of PROMISE!
_____________________________________
Click one of the tabs at the top: "Home" to see the main blog site with all posts, "Retreats" to see more information about the Community Building Retreats for grad students, and "PROMISE Videos" to see some videos from the PROMISEagep YouTube Channel. Other topics and pages will be added as the blog site grows.
_____________________________________