Thursday, April 30, 2009

Approaching My Proposal Defense Date!

I can't tell you how much the Rocky Gap retreat meant to me. My dissertation proposal defense is June 2 and I'm actually looking forward to it. I chose the dissertation house option at Rocky Gap. Just being in an isolated spot, having time, and having people that actually cared (and helped) my progress provided the push that I needed. When you're there, you feel like, "I can't believe that people care enough to do this for me!" And all of the other students are so supportive. I now have a "writing buddy." We haven't worked together on a regular basis, but when we do, we're really productive. I never would have thought of a writing buddy on my own. Also, the "15 minutes a day" commitment has totally changed my work habits. It is rare that I don't do something productive each day. It also keeps me focused -- no long gaps between the times that I work on my paper. Thank you so much!

1 comment:

Dissertation Proposal said...

Whenever i see the post like your's i feel that there are still helpful people who share information for the help of

others, it must be helpful for other's. thanx and good job.
Dissertation Proposal

PROMISE Community Building - A Place for Graduate Students.

PROMISE: Maryland's Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP) seeks to increase the numbers and diversity of Ph.D.s in the STEM fields by building community and supporting graduate students from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Here, we salute the spirit of PROMISE!
_____________________________________
Click one of the tabs at the top: "Home" to see the main blog site with all posts, "Retreats" to see more information about the Community Building Retreats for grad students, and "PROMISE Videos" to see some videos from the PROMISEagep YouTube Channel. Other topics and pages will be added as the blog site grows.
_____________________________________